MAKEUP - FASHION - BEAUTY


Monday, June 15, 2009

Oily Skin Essentials: MAC Blot Powder

So summer is finally here.. and so is the humidity and stickiness. I don't know about you, but that means oily skin and my makeup falling off of my face for me! It is a terrible time of year for those blessed with oily skin so my two essential products for keeping your oily skin matte during the summer are: blot powders.

(MAC Blot Powder in Light -left- and Medium Dark -right-)

My favorite blot powder to use is by MAC- they are $21 USD each and can be purchased on the MAC website here. They come in 5 different shades, ranging from Light, shown above to Deep Dark. The blot powder contains Mica and Silica which absorbs the excess oil on the face and it helps reduce the shine on the surface of the skin. The blot powder comes with a puff, but throw it away, it is useless. My recommendation is to use a kabuki brush- I use the Bare Escentuals Full Coverage Kabuki Brush, while others really like the MAC 182 Buffer Brush. Anything brush that has a dense, packed bristles should work.

(Light swatch -left- and Medium Dark swatch -right-)

The Light blot powder is white, but on contact with the skin has no coloration. I had to really swatch both a lot to get even the faintest hint of color shown above. Honestly, when I put either on my face, I can't tell the difference of what shade it is. For reference, I am NC40 and I expected the Medium Dark to be a lot darker than what it is. However, it works perfectly fine, so purchasing a darker shade is not necessary in my opinion.

Do you love MAC Blot Powder too? Or have you had a bad experience? Let me know how you get on!

No comments: