MAKEUP - FASHION - BEAUTY


Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Dry Shampoo: Ojon vs. Pssst!


Dry shampoo. I finally got on the trend and decided to pick up my first bottle- Psssst! from the drugstore. I was pretty happy with my purchase as it did exactly what it's supposed to do. Refresh your hair and take away the oils without having to wash it. All you have to do is shake the can, hold it like about 6 inches away from your roots and spray. Leave it in for a minute or two and let your hair soak up the product, then brush it out. The only thing that bothered me was that since I have very dark, brown hair, it left streaks of white where I sprayed the product. After about fifteen to twenty minutes, it slowly fades, but you can't just run out of the door after applying it if your hair is dark, because you will look like a skunk! It costs around $6 USD and you can purchase it at any drugstore or here online. For $6, I thought it was a great steal.... until I came across Ojon's Rub Out Dry Cleanser.

Ojon's shampoo is aamaazzingggg. Even though it is smaller than the Pssst!'s size and just a tad more expensive, it is SO worth it. It has the most amazing smell, where the Pssst! one does not have any scent to it. I can't really describe the scent that it has, but trust me it smells amazing. It also does not leave any white streaks or residue in my hair which is perfect, because I can just throw it on if I am in a rush. For comparison, the Pssst! size is 4 oz. while the Ojon size that I purchased is 2 oz. I bought the 2 oz. size from Sephora for$10 USD. The actual full size bottle is 4.5 oz and costs $24 USD. You can purchase the mini one from Sephora here.

At the end of the day, I tend to reach for my Ojon dry shampoo more, but Pssst! is more affordable and you get more bang for your buck... soo it really is up to you what you deem worthy of purchasing.

Let me know if you have tried either and what you think! My fabulous city haul is coming soon, as I had a perfect day today running around in Manhattan!

3 comments:

sparklingpinkgorilla said...

I loved the Ojon one, the smell, how well it works, but not the packaging. It leaked in the box on it's way to me, then leaked again on a hot summer day, then stopped working all together. I've read other complaints saying this happened to them also.

coryincolour said...

I have never used the Pssssst! original but there is also a newer version called volume & color instant spray which comes in brunette. My personal favorite is batiste dry shampoo which comes in a variety of scents and colors. For 5.5oz it's about 12$.
http://www.batistehair.co.uk/products/darker

Anonymous said...

Excellent blog right here! Additionally your website quite
a bit up very fast! What web host are you using? Can I
get your associate hyperlink to your host? I desire my web
site loaded up as fast as yours lol
my web page :: african mango where to buy